Established 1860 with 22 members
Saint Mary's Grove Original Free Will Baptist Church
The original church was founded in 1860 with 22 members who met in a small one room building. In late 1880, a growing congregation made it necessary to construct a larger building. This larger one room building served as the sanctuary until approximately 1912 when it burned. A white frame building replaced the burned building and served as the sanctuary until 1962 when the present brick building was completed. The fellowship hall was added in 1974.
Our current active membership is around 130 with an average weekly attendance of 75. We have been blessed to serve our community over 158 years. We are grateful that God continues to use our church to accomplish His will.
"We, the body of Christ and the congregation of Saint Mary's Grove Original Free Will Baptist Church, are devoted to the furtherance of God's Kingdom through sincere and reverent worship, the promotion of discipleship, ministering to the needs of others, and engaging in loving, Christian fellowship."